My name is Betta and I am a nail polish-aholic. I love nail polish; I can’t deny it. I honestly have enough nail polish to open a shop. After taking a good look at my huge stash, I have forced myself to sort through all these beautiful nail colours and choose my top five polishes. Many grueling hours later, here are my picks:
1. CHANEL Rouge Noir: This is a staple for me because it is the first designer nail polish I ever owned. My best friends first brought it back for me when they went to France, probably almost 10 years ago now, and I have been repurchasing it ever since. It’s a lovely dark oxblood colour that I wear year round (in the summer too). I know some people aren’t too fond of the CHANEL polishes but I don’t have too much trouble with them. No matter what, I will always have at least one bottle of Rouge Noir in my possession at all times – yes it’s an addiction.
2. Deborah Lippmann “Hannah” Hapless Hunter Green: This is from the limited edition four pact of nail polishes inspired by the characters in the HBO television series Girls. To be honest, I basically just bought the set because I love the show but I have absolutely fallen in love with all the colours. My favourtie is definitely the “Hannah” shade, a gorgeous teal/green that I reach for every time I paint my nails. The only thing that stops me from wearing it everyday is that I know I can’t get it again when it runs out (I don’t even want to think about what I’m going to do when that happens). Two coats of “Hannah” and my nails look gorgeous and flawless.
3. Essie Absolutely Shore: This is a rather new purchase for me but I found myself reaching for it very often this summer. You can probably tell by the nail polishes in this blog that I’m very much a dark nail polish girl, but this pastel green shade definitely catches my eye regularly. I probably won’t be wearing this shade very much anymore, now that summer is over, but when I find a light coloured polish that I stick with - it’s a big deal.
4. Nails Inc. Porchester Square: This is definitely a nail polish that a lot of people love. I bought it after hearing one of my favourite beauty bloggers (probably my #1 favourite) Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup talk about it in several YouTube videos. After first applying the mauvey greige polish, I was instantly in love. It’s a great colour that you can wear all year round and it applies flawlessly without any streaks. If you don’t have this yet - get it now!
5. Essie Over The Edge: This is a shimmery/metallic dark grey polish that basically looks black when it’s on the nails. I wear this colour a lot, especially in the winter, because it’s a great neutral shade that compliments most (if not all) of my outfits but the shimmer adds a little something extra to my nails. I think I kind of push the boundaries when it comes to this colour because extend its wear into July, which I know is a total no-no for most people.
So I know I said I would keep it to five polishes, but I have to be a bit naughty and name a couple of honourable mentions. Firstly, The Tom Ford polish in Bitter Bitch is great. The reason it’s not in my top five is because the colour is very similar to Rouge Noir, which is more sentimental to me. That be said, Bitter Bitch is a way better name. Secondly, the Deborah Lippmann polish in “Jessa” Bohemian Burgundy is my favourite red nail polish at the moment. It’s not too orange or bright; it’s quite a dark red, which is what I prefer. I didn’t include it in my favourite because I only wanted to mention one of the Girls polishes and I definitely wear “Hannah” more often, but this was a close second.
Let me know what some of your favourite polishes are, I’m always in the market for more!